* Corresponding author, †Equal Contribution
45. E. Jang, K. Park*, ..., T.-W. Kim, ..., Arctic biogenic sulfur. In prep.
44. Y. H. Ko. and T.-W. Kim*, Thermal effect on pCO2 in coastal water. Submitted
43. H. Kim, ..., S. Han*, T.-W. Kim*, N and Hg input in the Geum River estuary. Submitted
42. A. Mo, K. Park*, ..., T.-W. Kim, ..., Arctic pCO2. Submitted
41. M.-W. Seok,... , and T.-W. Kim*, Effect of wildfire on Chl-a. Under Review
40. Y.H. Ko, ..., and T.-W. Kim*, Air-Sea CO2 exchange in the west coast of Korea. Under Review
39. J.-S. Yoon, K. Park, J. Park, T. Park*, and T.-W. Kim*, Effect of SAM on Chl-a. Revision submitted
38. Y. Kim,... , and T.-W. Kim*, N deposition on the Yellow Sea. Marine Pollution Bulletin, Accepted.
37. Y.H. Ko, M.-S. Kim, J.-Y. Jeong, J. Jeong, M.-W. Seok, Y. Kim, and T.-W. Kim*, 2024, Temporal variations in the surface aragonite saturation state of the Yellow Sea: Observations at the Socheongcho Ocean Research Station during 2017–2022, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 198, 115843.
36. G.-H. Park†, S. Park†, M.-W. Seok, S.-E. Lee, Y.-I. Kim, A. Mo, Y. H. Ko, H. Kim, and T.-W. Kim*, 2023, Acidity in rainwater and airborne suspended particles in the southwestern coast of the East Sea: Their potential impact on seawater total alkalinity, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 197, 115742.
35. A. Mo*, K. Park, E.J. Yang, J. Park, and T.-W. Kim*, 2023, Seasonal variation of inorganic carbon parameters and air–sea exchange of CO2 in Marian Cove, King George Island, Western Antarctic Peninsula, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 193, 115185.
34. A. Mo, K. Park*. J. Park, D. Hahm, K. Kim, Y. H. Ko, J. L. Iriarte, J.-O. Choi, and T.-W. Kim*, 2023, Air-Sea Exchange of CO2 in the Pacific Sector of the Southern Ocean and Dominant Factors, Frontiers in Marine Science. 10, 1192959.
33. A. Mo, D. Kim, E.-J. Yang, J. Jung, Y. H. Ko, S.-H. Kang, K.-H. Cho, K. Park, and T.-W. Kim*, 2022, "Factors affecting the Subsurface Aragonite Undersaturation Layer in the Pacific Arctic region", Marine Pollution Bulletin, 183, 114060. (A. Mo, 2023, 미래해양과학기술인상-우수상)
32. S. Bae, H. Kim, S.-I. Nam, K.-H. Choi, T.-W. Kim, S. T. Yun, H. S. Kim, T.-H. Kim, D. Han, Y.-H. Ko, J.-H. Kim, Y. K. Lim, J. M. Park, 2022, "The composition and abundance of phytoplankton after spring bloom in the Arctic Svalbard Fjords", Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 275, 107970.
31. Y. H. Ko†, M.-W. Seok†, J.-Y. Jeong, J.-H. Noh, J. Jeong, A. Mo, and T.-W. Kim*, 2022, "Monthly and seasonal variations in the surface carbonate system and air–sea CO2 flux of the Yellow Sea", Marine Pollution Bulletin, 181, 113822.
30. A. Mo, E. J. Yang, S.-H. Kang. D, Kim, K. Lee, Y. H. Ko, K. Kim, and T.-W. Kim*, 2022, "Impact of Sea Ice Melting on Summer Air-Sea CO2 Exchange in the East Siberian Sea", Frontiers in Marine Science, 9, 766810.
29. Y.H. Ko, G.-H. Park, D. Kim, and T.-W. Kim*, 2021, "Variations in seawater pCO2 associated with vertical mixing during tropical cyclone season in the northwestern subtropical Pacific Ocean", Frontiers in Marine Science, 8, 679314.
28. M.-W. Seok, D. Kim, G.-H. Park, K. Lee, T.-H. Kim, J. Jung, K. Kim, K.-T. Park, Y.-H. Kim, A. Mo, S. Park, Y.H. Ko, J. Kang, H. Kim, T.-W. Kim*, 2021, "Atmospheric deposition of inorganic nutrients to the western North Pacific Ocean", Science of the Total Environment, 793, 148401 (M.-W. Seok, 2022, 미래해양과학기술인상-최우수상)
27. H. Kim, S. Y. Kwon, K. Lee, D.-I. Lim, S. H. Han, T.-W. Kim, Y. J. Joo, J. Lim, M.-H. Kang, and S.-I. Nam*, 2020, "Input of terrestrial organic matter linked to deglaciation increased mercury transport to the Svalbard fjords", Scientific Reports, 10, 3446.
26. H.J. Kim, T.-W. Kim, K. Hyeong, S.-W. Yeh, J.-Y. Park, C.M. Yoo, and J. Hwang*, 2019, "Suppressed CO2 outgassing by an enhanced biological pump in the Eastern Tropical Pacific", Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans, 124, 7962– 7973.
25. J.H. Choi†, E. Jang†, Y.J. Yoon, J.Y. Park, T.-W. Kim, S. Becagli, L. Caiazzo, D. Cappelletti, R. Krejci, K.-T. Park*, and K.S. Jang*. 2019, "Influence of biogenic organics on the chemical composition of Arctic aerosols", Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 33, 1238– 1250.
24. H. Kim, G.-H. Park, S.-E. Lee, Y.-I. Kim, K. Lee, Y.-H. Kim, and T.-W. Kim*, 2019, "Stable isotope ratio of atmospheric and seawater nitrate in the East Sea in the Northwestern Pacific Ocean", Marine Pollution Bulletin, 149, 110610.
23. Y. Choi, D. Kim, S. Cho, and T.-W. Kim*, 2019, "Southeastern Yellow Sea as a sink for atmospheric carbon dioxide", Marine Pollution Bulletin, 149, 110550.
22. G.-H. Park, S.-E. Lee, Y.-I. Kim, D. Kim, K. Lee, J. Kang, Y.-H. Kim, H. Kim, S. Park, and T.-W. Kim*, 2019, "Atmospheric deposition of anthropogenic inorganic nitrogen in airborne particles and precipitation in the East Sea in the northwestern Pacific Ocean", Science of the Total Environment, 681, 400-412. (G.-H Park, 2020 한국해양과학기술원 우수논문상)
21. E. Jang. K.-T. Park*, Y.J. Yoon, T.-W. Kim, S.-B. Hong, S. Becagli, R. Traversi, J. Kim, and Y. Gim, 2019, New particle formation events observed at the King Sejong Station, Antarctic Peninsula – Part 2: Link with the oceanic biological activities, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 19, 7595-7608. (K.-T. Park, 극지연구소 이달의 과학자상/우수논문상)
20. K.-S. Jang*, A-Y. Choi, M. Choi, H. Kang, T.-W. Kim, K.-T. Park*, 2019, "Size-Segregated Chemical Compositions of HULISs in Ambient Aerosols Collected during the Winter Season in Songdo, South Korea", Atmosphere, 10, 226.
19. J.-H. Jeong, D. Kim, Y. J. Kim. E. Kim, S. An, and T.-W. Kim*, 2019, "Concurrent reductions in sinking particle flux and its ratios of opal and organic carbon to CaCO3 in the oligotrophic western North Pacific Ocean during 2007–2014", Deep-Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, 143, 58-69.
18. D. Kim, G.-H. Park, S.H. Baek, Y. Choi, and T.-W. Kim*, 2018, "Physical and biological control of aragonite saturation in the coastal waters of southern South Korea under the influence of freshwater", Marine Pollution Bulletin, 129, 318-328. (D. Kim, 2019 한국해양과학기술원 우수논문상)
17. K.-T. Park, K. Lee*, T.-W. Kim, Y.J. Yoon, E.-H. Jang, S. Jang, B-Y. Lee, O. Hermansen, 2018, "Atmospheric DMS in the Arctic Ocean and its relation to phytoplankton biomass", Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 32, 351–359. (K.-T. Park, 극지연구소 이달의 과학자상/우수논문상)
16. D. Kim, Y. Choi, T.-W. Kim, and G.-H. Park*, 2017, "Recent increase in surface fCO2 in the western subtropical North Pacific", Ocean Science Journal, 52, 329-335.
15. H.R. Kim, K. Lee*, D.-I. Lim, S.-I. Nam, T.-W. Kim, J.-Y. T. Yang, Y. H. Ko, K.-H. Shin, and E. Lee, 2017, "Widespread Anthropogenic Nitrogen in Northwestern Pacific Ocean Sediment", Environmental Science & Technology, 51, 6044-6052. (H.R. Kim: 2018년 해양수산부 장관상 수상)
14. D. Kim, J.-H. Jeong, T.-W. Kim*, J. H. Noh*, H. J. Kim, D. H. Choi, E. Kim, and D. Jeon, 2017, "The reduction in the biomass of cyanobacterial N2 fixer and the biological pump in the Northwestern Pacific Ocean", Scientific Reports, 7, 41810. (Equal contribution: D. Kim & J.-H. Jeong) (D. Kim: 2017년 해양수산부 장관상 수상)
13. T.-W. Kim*, G.-H. Park, D. Kim, K. Lee, R.A. Feely, and F.J. Millero, "Seasonal variations in the aragonite saturation state in the upper open-ocean waters of the North Pacific Ocean", 2015, Geophysical Research Letters, 42, 4498-4506.
12. T.-W. Kim*, D. Kim, S.H. Back, and Y.O. Kim, “Human and riverine impacts on the dynamics of biogeochemical parameters in Kwangyang Bay, South Korea revealed by time-series data and multivariate statistics”, 2015, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 90, 304-311.
11. I.-N. Kim, K. Lee*, N. Gruber, D.M. Karl, J.L. Bullister, S. Yang, T.-W. Kim, "Increasing anthropogenic nitrogen in the North Pacific Ocean", 2014, Science, 346, 1102-1106.
10. T.-W. Kim, K. Lee*, R. Duce, P. Liss, "Impact of atmospheric nitrogen deposition on phytoplankton productivity in the South China Sea", 2014, Geophysical Research Letters, 41, 3156–3162, DOI:10.1002/2014GL059665.
9. T.-W. Kim, R.G. Najjar, K. Lee*, "Influence of precipitation events on phytoplankton biomass in coastal waters of the eastern United States", 2014, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 28, 1-13, DOI: 10.1002/2013GB004712. (selected as a featured article)
8. H.-J. Jeong*, Y.D. Yoo, A.S. Lim, T.-W. Kim, K. Lee, C.K. Kang, “Raphidophyte red tides in Korean waters”, 2013, Harmful Algae, 30, S41-S52.
7. T.-W. Kim, K. Lee*, C. Lee, H.-D. Jeong, Y.-S. Suh, W. Lim, K.Y. Kim, H-J. Jeong, “Interannual nutrient dynamics in Korean coastal waters", 2013, Harmful Algae, 30, S15-S27.
6. K.-T. Park, K. Lee*, Y.-J. Yoon, H.-W. Lee, H.-C. Kim, B.-Y. Lee, O. Hermansen, T.-W. Kim, K. J. Holmen, “Linking atmospheric dimethyl sulfide (DMS) and the Arctic Ocean spring bloom”, 2013, Geophysical Research Letters, 40, 155-160.
5. T.-W. Kim, K. Lee*, R.G. Najjar, H.-D. Jeong and H.J. Jeong, “Increasing N abundance in the Northwestern Pacific Ocean due to atmospheric nitrogen deposition”, 2011, Science, 334, 505-509.
4. K. Lee*, C.L. Sabine, T. Tanhua, T.-W. Kim, R.A. Feely, and H.-C. Kim, “Roles of marginal seas in absorbing and storing fossil fuel CO2”, 2011, Energy & Environmental Science, 4, 1133-1146.
3. T.-W. Kim, K. Lee*, R.A. Feely, C.L. Sabine, C.T. Chen, H.J. Jeong, and K.Y. Kim, "Prediction of East/Japan Sea acidification over the past 40 years using a multiple-parameter regression model", 2010, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 24, GB3005, doi:10.1029/2009GB003637.
2. K. Lee*, T.-W. Kim. R.H, Byrne. F.J. Millero, and Y.-M. Lui, "The universal ratio of boron to chlorinity for the North Pacific and North Atlantic oceans", 2010, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 74, 1801-1811.
1. T.-W. Kim, K. Lee*, K.-T. Park, and M. Kim, "Sulfur-hexafluoride as a complementary method for measuring the extent of point-source thermal effluents", 2008, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 56, 1294-1302.
JCR 2021: Impact factor (IF) and modified rank normalized IF (mrnIF)
1. Science: IF = 63.832, mrnIF = 98.630 (Multidisciplinary Sciences)
2. Energy & Environmental Science: IF = 39.714, mrnIF = 100(Environmental Sciences)
3. Environmental Science & Technology: IF = 11.558, mrnIF =93.165 (Environmental Sciences)
4. Global Biogeochemical Cycles: IF = 6.500, mrnIF = 92.537 (Geosciences, Multidisciplinary)
5. Geophysical Research Letters: IF = 5.576, mrnIF = 88.060 (Geosciences, Multidisciplinary)
6. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics: IF = 7.197, mrnIF = 88.172 (Meteorology & Atmospheric Sciences)
7. Marine Pollution Bulletin: IF = 7.001, mrnIF = 99.107 (Marine & Freshwater Biology)
8. Harmful Algae: IF = 5.905, mrnIF = 96.429% (Marine & Freshwater Biology)
9. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta: IF = 5.921, mrnIF = 91.860 (Geochemistry & Geophysics)
10. Science of the Total Environment: IF = 10.754, mrnIF = 91.007 (Environmental Sciences)
11. Frontiers in Marine Science: IF = 5.247, mrnIF = 92.536 (Environmental Sciences)
12. Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans: IF = 3.938, mrnIF = 83.077 (Oceanography)
13. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science: IF = 3.229, mrnIF = 83.036 (Marine & Freshwater Biology)
14. Scientific Reports: IF = 4.997, mrnIF = 75.342 (Multidisciplinary Sciences)
15. Deep-Sea Research Part I: IF = 3.110, mrnIF = 69.231(Oceanography)
16. Atmosphere: IF = 2.046, mrnIF = 39.568 (Meteorology & Atmospheric Sciences)
17. Ocean Science Journal: IF = 1.042, mrnIF = 18.462(Oceanography)